The Forgotten Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Forgotten Era! ^_^ A world of RPG.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}

Go down 
+3
Clyde
Sammi-Chan
Fritters
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fritters

Fritters

I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Empty
PostSubject: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:23 pm

"The rain is talking, daddy. It's saying... the end is near. It says we have to run."

It's been twelve years since Jeanne Debuke whispered those words, and in that short span of time, the world has fallen apart.
The atmosphere has finally started to deteriorate due to Greenhouse Effect, and with the fall of the world came acidic rain, extreme heat during the day and below freezing temperatures at night, and a corrupt government that uses violence to keep from falling apart.
Food is rare and hard to find, and water only comes from the few underground springs that haven't been poisoned by the harsh environment. People have gone insane, most dying, others choosing a violent and cannibalistic path, and still there are a few who choose to survive, but all have to beware of the Shadows, a group of government 'police' who kill anyone who gets in their path.

Which role did you choose?

--------------------------------------

RULES
-Forum rules, of course
-Semi-literate, please
-No powerplaying, godmoding, etc.
-Romance/Violence up to PG-14
-Use some form of OOC when you are not talking in character from now on
EX: ooc, (), [], etc.
-"Speech", Thoughts
-Anything else, ask me

SETTING
The roleplay will start off in a small town in Maine, but the characters will travel as it goes on.

CHARACTER RESTRICTIONS
-Characters may have small 'abilities', but not 'powers'.
EX: Instead of the 'power of strength', the character will be 'slightly stronger than others', and instead of 'super speed', the character will just be 'very fast'.
-Though major powers are not allowed, there are exceptions, but once again, nothing big like 'superhero powers'.
EX: Jeanne's ability to hear the voices of the Earth, and Kassidy's prophetic dreams.
-Keep the characters human. That means no vampires, werewolves, elves, etc.
-If your character is a Shadow, they can have some odd quality/ability a normal human could not, since most have been genetically altered by the government.

I guess that is it for now. I will add more if I see the need.
And remember, put your character(s) in the Character Profile thread. :3

Last edited by Fritters on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sammi-Chan
Admin
Sammi-Chan

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:21 pm

I shall be joining! I'll use the character I just made, thats posted where all my character profiles are. X3 This RP looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
https://theforgottenera.rpg-board.net
Fritters

Fritters

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Whee~ thanks. :3 I am using Jeanne, who is now up on my Character Profile thing as well. xD
Back to top Go down
Sammi-Chan
Admin
Sammi-Chan

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:16 pm

I suppose we should start after another person joins?
I'll go ask Clyde. xD
Back to top Go down
Fritters

Fritters

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:37 pm

That would be best, I suppose. xD
Back to top Go down
Clyde

Clyde

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:44 pm

Here I am. o3o
I put my character profile in the character profile place. X3
Can I join now?
Back to top Go down
Fritters

Fritters

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:32 am

Sure, I think. :3
Back to top Go down
Sammi-Chan
Admin
Sammi-Chan

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:00 am

So, should we start now?
Back to top Go down
Fritters

Fritters

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:30 pm

I suppose. I'll start up. -adds another rule-

--------

Jeanne looked out the cracked, dirty window at the gray world beyond. It always hurt to see the earth this way, she missed the sound of birds singing and the sight of green on anything but clothes. Shuddering, she pulled her jacket tighter against her body, standing up and taking a small backpack from the ground. It was time to move on. She knew, of course, it would be dangerous. There had been a recent bout of rainstorms lately, so she had to be careful. She didn't want to die so soon after leaving the decrepit remains of her home.

Pushing the blockage she had put before the entrance to the home, she pulled the once-heavy door open and stepped out onto the silver ground outside. Nighttime always brought such freezing temperatures, and she shivered, wishing she had gloves or a hat of sorts. But she was lucky enough to even have a jacket, so pulling the backpack onto one shoulder, she tucked her hands into her pockets and set out, too busy checking the sky above to bother looking back at her childhood home.

Hopefully I won't run into anyone... She thought, tracing the knife's handle in her pocket. Even if she did, she was prepared.
Back to top Go down
Sammi-Chan
Admin
Sammi-Chan

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:10 pm

(I'll post next I suppose. ^_^)

All was quiet.
Kassidy pulled his charcoal colored messenger back over his shoulder, then popped the collar on his black trench coat. It was too quiet. Almost as if the world wasn't alive at all. Not even the wind brought the sound of life within the planet.
It was different than New York. The city has reduced to nothing but a bunch of insane people fighting for their lives. Brooklyn was no different.
Besides, there was no one he had to stay behind for. So he left without the slightest thought of ever going back. He wasn't sure how far he traveled, or where he was at the moment. But his goal was Canada. The destination had came to him in a dream, so he had simply positioned himself north and started walking.
On the way he had came in contact with a few sane people, who pointed him in the right direction. He had also seen his share of insane religious people, blabbering about the end of the world. At least it wasn't as crazy as New York.
For now Kassidy had guessed he was close to Canada, having had walked for six days. He hadn't spotted life for the last two. He wished to meet someone along the way, insane or not. Just to prove he wasn't the last man on Earth.
Back to top Go down
Clyde

Clyde

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:11 pm

(o.o My character will pop up when you least expect it, so continue~ *poofs away*)
Back to top Go down
Fritters

Fritters

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:27 pm

Stopping, Jeanne looked over the crumbled remains of what must have been a stone fence. Beyond said fence, there was a straight drop to a crashing ocean below. The water here used to be so calm, so blue. Now, looking over the huge expanse of water, she backed away from the churning black of the water. She missed the world being... the world. Now, she didn't even know what to call it. Most likely, it was Hell. She had never believed in Hell, Heaven, God or the Devil, but she couldn't find a more suitable name.

Shrugging off the dark feelings, Jeanne turned and continued moving. Once second of stopping could mean her death. Looking around, she decided she needed higher ground. Maybe then she could find the exit to the town that had once been so familiar to her.

It only took her a moment to scale a destroyed building, and finding good footing, she began to look over the town. She would have to change her direction if she wanted to make it before the sun began to rise. She wasn't looking forward to the burning ball of heat, having always had the shelter of her fallen roof to keep her from it's rays. Now she knew her pale skin would be red and blistered within half an hour of being outside in the morning.

Sighing, she pulled her backpack more securely onto her shoulders and tightened her jacket's grip around her. She should get moving again. But just as she was turning to climb down, she saw... movement. There was someone out there. Without a second thought, she made her way down and continued moving, hoping she could make her way around the being. There was no thought of 'friend or enemy' in her mind. She just wanted to get away.
Back to top Go down
Sammi-Chan
Admin
Sammi-Chan

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:46 pm

The sound had made Kassidy jump slightly.
Then he saw something. But not just something, someone. Under the pale bright moon he could make out the form of a human being. A female, for that matter. And she wasn't even far away.
So there is life around these parts. He thought. But he still didn't know what kind of person this girl was. She could be an insane lunatic for all he knew.
He quickened his pace a little bit, trying to catch up to her. She was rather fast.
"Excuse me?" Kassidy tried to sound as calm as possible, as if not to scare her, If she was real at all. This could all easily be a figment of his imagination.

(Sorry its so short. xD)
Back to top Go down
Fritters

Fritters

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:59 pm

She froze, taking hold of the knife in her pocket and getting ready to use it if she had to. Slowly, she turned, finally looking at the person. He was male, tall, only a year or two older than herself. He looked sane if you got past the punk look, but she didn't trust that.
"What?" She snapped, looking fierce for someone so small, "If you want food, you're going to have to attack someone else. I have nothing." She glanced around, looking for a good escape route. She could try to climb up somewhere once more, her small size could carry her faster than he could manage, and she doubted his tall frame could make it up rubble and deceased trees as easily as she could.

ooc: Also short, I apologize. xD
Back to top Go down
Sammi-Chan
Admin
Sammi-Chan

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:12 pm

At the sight of the knife, Kassidy nearly stumbled backwards. Maybe she was crazy. He held up both hands and shook his head slowly. "I-I'm sorry I startled you." He apologized, taking another step back. "I mean no harm, I swear. I just...need to know if I am heading in the right direction."
The girl was small, but fierce. Which was probably why he was so scared of her at the moment.
"I need to get to Canada..." He tried to explain, remembering the dream he had experienced nights ago. "Its...better there...Look, I'll leave you alone and forget I ever saw you if I can just see a map or borrow a compass or something. Please." With another fearful step back, he tripped over something and clumsily fell backward.

(Eeep, its short. I'm sorry. Longer posts will come when they are needed. xD)
Back to top Go down
Fritters

Fritters

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:19 pm

"I don't have a ma-" She cut off as the boy fell, eyebrows automatically rising. Okay, so he wasn't insane. But she probably looked it, holding a knife and all. Putting the knife back in her pocket, she went against all the fiber of her being to walk towards him. Holding out a small hand to help him up, she bit her lip. "I'm sorry about that. I thought you might be insane. Hard to tell nowadays." Her sentences were short, and it was easy to tell she was nearly forcing herself to talk. But the least she could do was help the kid up. She wasn't mean, after all, just... afraid.

"What was that about Canada? How do you know it is better there?" She was doubtful, but if there was hope, she would like to know.
Back to top Go down
Sammi-Chan
Admin
Sammi-Chan

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Kassidy brushed his coat off as he stood.
"Uh- I had a dream about it." He told her. "A few weeks ago, actually. There was a greenhouse, and in it was a oak tree. Like, a living and growing one." He opened his bag, taking out his sketchbook that was already opened to the picture of what he had just described. He handed it over to the girl. "I heard voices speaking in French in the background, but it was muffled, and I couldn't understand what they were saying. I just...knew it was in Canada. I do not know where exactly, probably by the border." Then he sighed. "It sounds crazy, I know. All hope may be lost to some people, but I believe a place like this does exist, where people are trying to bring life back into this dead planet." With a shrug, Kassidy shoved his hands in his pockets. "Maybe."
Back to top Go down
Fritters

Fritters

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Jeanne studied the picture, amazed. She could almost see the colors, see the reality of it. It felt right, and suddenly, as she gazed upon the sketch, voices began to flood her mind, whispering at first then roaring through the wind. The voices she had tried to ignore for ten years. Nearly dropping the sketchbook, she squeezed her eyes shut, trying to stop them. But though they wouldn't stop, they fell into a calm whisper, a quiet song, floating around her ears. There were different phrases and words spinning around, but a few caught her immediate interest, and though she normally ignored what they said, she listened.

"Shelter. We need shelter. It's about to rain, and if we aren't under some protection in time..." She handed the sketchbook back to him, forgetting to wonder if she had seemed insane once more because of the voices. She looked around quickly, and her sights finally landed on a building, it's roof still intact, about 20 yards away. Ironically enough, it was the church. Without looking back at the boy, Jeanne started off towards it, glancing at the sky warily.
Back to top Go down
Sammi-Chan
Admin
Sammi-Chan

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Kassidy glanced up at the sky as he began to follow the girl. The already gray clouds had begun to get darker. He shivered slightly at the sight of it. He had drawn plenty of rainstorms in his sketchbook before, all of them dark looking and threatening.
The inside of the church looked worn out, and they both set foot inside before the first crack of thunder escaped from the mouth of the sky. It wasn't long before a huge flash of lightning lit up the room for only a moment. The storm was most defiantly close. Kassidy jumped slightly, closing the ancient looking door behind him.
"Uh, I didn't introduce myself." He stated. "I'm Kassidy. I came from Brooklyn."
Back to top Go down
Fritters

Fritters

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:16 pm

Jeanne nodded, scanning the ceiling to make sure no rain would seep through. Soon enough, the acidic droplets started to fall, splattering against the roof with soft thumps and a slight hiss. She finally turned to look at him, satisfied that they were safe.
"My name is Jeanne. You're in what's left of my hometown." She stated, sitting in one of the few pews that were left. She shrugged her backpack off, shivering in the cold that managed to haunt the church as well. Their voices echoed, along with every small breath or movement, but as the rain became heavier, less noise could be heard. "Normally I would avoid any contact with another person." At this she shrugged, leaning back against the seat.
Back to top Go down
Sammi-Chan
Admin
Sammi-Chan

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:38 pm

"Oh." Kassidy scratched the back of his head uncomfortably. It was hard to believe a place like this was once a town. He looked to the back of the church. Unlike any others, the giant gross was missing. Kassidy suspected the religious nuts had taken it with them when they left. It pained him inside a bit. The religious symbol would have given him some hope.
With a sigh, he began to shuffle around a bit more, picking up halves of candles that lay on the floor. Once he had gathered about five, he set them down on the floor and lit them with the lighter from his back pocket.
Another lightning-bolt pierced through the sky.
"Where did everyone go?" He found himself asking Jeanne. It was quite obvious the place was deserted, and it was kind of a stupid question as well. They could easily be dead. While he had been walking alone for days, he began to wonder where everyone else was going if they weren't walking in circles. To Canada, like he was? No. Surely he was the only one.
Back to top Go down
Fritters

Fritters

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:22 pm

"A bunch of people left a long time ago, after everything had started up. My mom left with them." She looked down at the candles, watching the flames, "The people who stayed either wandered off eventually or died somehow. My father was killed a few years back, and I ended up being the last person here. It worked out for a while, but I thought I should move on. I wouldn't last much longer here anyway." She fell silent, green eyes reflecting the flickering candles.

"So," She finally said after a bit, "What happened to you? What brought you all the way up here, other than your search for the land of maple syrup?"
Back to top Go down
Sammi-Chan
Admin
Sammi-Chan

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:10 pm

"No one was there to stop me from leaving..." Kassidy started. "My parents died long ago, I can barley remember them. They probably weren't nice people anyway. When everything began to happen, my grandmother took my little sister to go find 'The Promise Land' or whatever they called California." He rolled his eyes. "She left me behind because she thought I was unholy. She said I had sinned to much and that god would not welcome her if she brought me along. Although, it was probably just and excuse to get rid of me. New York was a mad house, especially after the President committed suicide. For some time, it did seem like the end of the world. I had thought about going out to California, but I wouldn't take my chances. But the real truth was, the world had ended the minute this all started." He shrugged, leaning back a bit and staring up at the church ceiling.
"When the time comes, everyone will realize the only one to blame for this happening is themselves."
Back to top Go down
Fritters

Fritters

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:57 pm

"I see..." She let silence fall once more, finally closing her eyes and listening to odd patter and hiss of the rain. "I can't decide if the president dying was a good thing or not... I mean, now there are the Shadows to deal with and..." She looked up suddenly, "The Shadows! What if... what if they get to the place first? The place with the oak tree? They'll most likely try to destroy it..." She bit her lip, the only evident sign of worry on her face.

ooc: Sorry it is so short. o-o
Back to top Go down
Sammi-Chan
Admin
Sammi-Chan

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:14 pm

Kassidy looked over at her, thinking over about what she had just said. It made no sense. Why destroy something that could save the entire world?
"Don't worry about it." He smiled, trying to reassure her somehow. "They aren't even smart enough to look for a place like that, let alone get rid of it. The place is probably really top secret, or kept away from the evil part of the world at least."
With that said, he took out his sketchbook.
"There's nothing left in the world to draw." It was the same old gray dampness that could sink anyones soul into a state of depression. As Kassidy flipped through the book, he saw sketches he had drawn over the past few months, of how the world used to be. A few of them had been ripped out, for he had given some to people he had met along the way. Mostly teenagers and elders. On the first page of the book was a sketch of central park, just before the worlds beauty crumbled. Carefully, he tore it from the book and held it out to Jeanne.
"That ones special, I think you should have it."

( x3 Heres the part of central park that he sketched -> http://www.timkang.com/images/Central%20Park%20-%20The%20Mall%201577%20x%201200.jpg )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}   I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I See the End in the Rain's Reflection {Post Apocolyptic}
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next